Monday, January 12, 2015

Feeling Twitchy

Everyone gets twitches in their muscles from time to time. Sometimes they're in the quad muscles...sometimes they're in the calf muscles...sometimes they're in the gluteus maximus muscles (that's your 
tooshie). The most annoying ones are facial twitches because they can be seen by those around you and, let's face it, you just look a bit strange. All twitches, no matter where they are or how long they last or how intense they are, are annoying and become uncomfortable. 

Off and on for the last three weeks I have been getting twitches or spasms in my stomach. Not my abdomen, but the actual organ! It is THE most uncomfortable and awkward feeling in the world! These twitches/spasms are strong enough that I have been woken up from them in the middle of the night!  I live with the disease Gastroparesis and because of the lack of treatments available I now have a gastric neurostimulator implanted and the leads go right into my stomach. I have no clue if the spasms I've been experiencing are due to my neurostimulator or if I just have a gnarly case of GERD.

Im not a Worst Case Scenario Wilma, so I'm treating it as a bad case of GERD at the moment, so myself and Prilosec have become besties. It's just a VERY odd sensation, let me tell you. I can feel my stomach beginning to twitch almost constantly and then when the big spasms happen...it impedes my ability to breathe. It's almost indescribable! 

I'm hoping the Prilosec will help, if not then I'll bring it up to my surgeon. I guess, until then, it's just one more story  in the Strange Things That Happen In Gastroparesisland Saga!




No comments:

Post a Comment