Saturday, December 20, 2014

It's 1AM...

It's 1AM, what are you doing? Probably sleeping, lucky you. I've been awake for hours in intense pain in my abdomen, something I've been feeling increasingly for the last couple of days. And then, at the stroke of midnight--what is it with that magical hour--I started throwing up. Fabulous. I only had some peanut butter for dinner at 6pm and here it is, 6 hours later, and I'm urping it up like Linda Blair. Superb. 

I broke down and woke my mom up because I didn't know what to do. I'm in pain-- I had actually taken a Tylenol with codeine around 9pm--and then I had gone and ralphed, so I felt like I was in a conundrum:: can I take another? It hasn't been past the prescribed 4-6 hours though. I'm hurting bad, but the first one didn't even really help. So I wake her up and promptly have to go upchuck again. Splendid. She looks for a heating pad and can't find it and opts for one of those lavender-migraine-neck-wrap deals. When she put it on my stomach I burst into tears. Outstanding. I'm on a role tonight...eeerr...this morning. 

I've had a cold for almost two weeks now and I wonder if I've coughed, sneezed, or blown something out of place. Or maybe I've just irritated something. All I know is that it hurts to sit up, breathe, laugh, cough, or walk. Colds suck...Gastroparesis sucks even worse. 




No comments:

Post a Comment