Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Disneyland and The Girl With Gastroparesis

Every year around early December, myself and some friends go to Disneyland to watch either my mom or my brother (and/or his girlfriend) perform in Disney's Candlelight Procession. The Candlelight Procession is when 800 or so people carol down Main Street, USA and then form a human Christmas tree in front of the train station as a narrator--a famous person--tells the story of Jesus. Naturally, we have a day of fun and frivolity as well. It just does t feel like Christmas if we don't go!

This year I woke up with a sore throat, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from going! We first went to Space Mountain--my most favorite ride!--and I screamed like a little school girl!! Next we went on The Matterhorn and that is probably where I went wrong...I ended up sliding so low in the seat that I was on my lower back by the end. By the time we got to Indiana Jones I almost passed out...twice. I rode the ride, but didn't scream, and tried my best to play it off that I wasn't feeling really sick. I didn't succeed. There were three kids in the group, so while I took a break, someone took them on Tarzan's Treehouse--it was a nice little break. We next hit up Toon Town where the curb and I became best good friends (Forrest Gump referrence). 

We then decided to make our way to get seats to see the performance, only to discover that there weren't any left! We ended up finding a place to sit on a planter behind a tree, but you go to LISTEN not to SEE the Candlelight Procession. Anyhow, we're sitting there chatting away, everyone is eating food we brought--you only eat at Disneyland if you want to sell your first born and your arm--and I turn to my friend and tell her, "I have to throw up!" She gets up and asks a guest control about what they can do to help...there's a trash can over there...we can bring you a bag. I thought for sure they would be a little more accommodating as there was a bathroom about fifty feet to our left...nope! They then suggested I go to the restroom down the street to the right (I totally forgot it was there). My friend and I went there but got turned away because the narrator was about to come out. Ridiculous!!

Needless to say, I missed my brother and his girlfriend performing in the Candlelight Procession and spent some time in the restroom urping up what I didn't eat that day. We met up with the group outside the gates and the kids REALLY wanted to go to California Adventure, so, holding onto my friend's arm, we made our way there. Everyone road the Mater ride and I watched. Then I road Soarin' Over California with them as it's a slow hang glider-style ride. 

Despite feeling like junk the majority of the day, I had a good time. I think I was severely dehydrated and just overdid it. Plus, I think it might have been too much bouncing around after having had Alfred put in. I know it's been almost 4 months, but I think it may have all been a little too much for my body to take. Going to Disneyland to see the Candlelight performance rings in Christmastime for me, so MERRY CHRISTMAS!!





No comments:

Post a Comment