Friday, July 31, 2015

GoGreenForGastroparesisAwarenessMonth


My name is Christine and I have Gastroparesis. Gastroparesis, literally, means "paralyzed stomach". Eating food is difficult for me, but is impossible for others who have this disease. Eating just a couple of bites of food, and sometimes sips of a drink, leaves me full. Many times I end up throwing up after eating because the food just sits, stagnant, in my stomach. I have lost over 100lbs. as a result of Gastroparesis, endured countless tests and doctors visits, many visits to the ER and urgent care, and tried innumerable medications in an attempt to dampen the symptoms of this disease. I have even had a gastric neurostimulator (a pacemaker) placed into my stomach, but it has all been to no avail. 

I am trying to spread awareness during the month of August, Gastroparesis Awareness Month, using the hashtags #GoGreenForGastroparesisAwarenessMonth and #GoGreenForChristine. 

Will you #GoGreenForGastroparesisAwarenessMonth during the month of August? Will you wear something green at least ONCE during the month to show support for this little-known disease and post it to social media? Would you be willing to post an infographic to one of your social media pages (because you know you have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) to spread awareness? It doesn't take but a couple of minutes of your time to help spread awareness about this disease, to let people know that there are people out there who suffer with invisible illness(es) everyday. 

There are MANY ways to #GoGreenForGastroparesisAwarenessMonth and #GoGreenForChristine

1. Wear something green and post a picture to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtags mentioned. 
2. Make a sign saying you support someone with Gastroparesis and use the hashtags (be creative!)
3. Find an infographic and post it to social media and use the hashtags
4. Donate to a reputable charity (such as G-Pact.org)
5. Share links to blogs discussing life with Gastroparesis (such as mygastroparesisjourney.blogspot.com and emilysstomach.com)
6. Anything creative you can come up with!!

The point is getting the WORD and AWARENESS out there and #GoGreenForGastroparesisAwarenessMonth!






1 comment:

  1. I also have gastroparesis! It's not fun =( I've just started a blog following my journey =)

    ReplyDelete