Monday, May 18, 2015

Starbucks and the Girl with Gastroparesis


Hello, my name is Christine and I am a Starbucks addict. Every morning on my way to work, without fail, I drive up to or walk into Starbucks and order my venti Java Chip frappaccino with extra caramel and extra chocolate--because I don't actually like the taste of coffee. Sometimes I don't even have to open my mouth to order, the lovely Starbucks barista already knows what I want...is that not sad? Nay! I choose to think it's good customer service!

At work I often get asked why I drink those every day or how I stay skinny drinking a gigantic Starbucks every day and the answer is simple and complicated all wrapped up in one big word: Gastroparesis. 


I'm sure I could--and should--make healthier choices when it comes to my nutritional intake choices, but sometimes it's just SO hard! And Starbucks is SO easy!  Plus, it tastes really yummy! 

Here is my thought processes behind it--and it TOTALLY works for me (I know, it's just an excuse, but whatever): I need to get calories from somewhere and where else better to get it from than a venti Java Chip Frappaccino?! ::high five if you agree:: I have such a hard time getting food in...a hard time getting anything in...but the frappaccino seems to go down alright...most of the time. It's helped maintain my weight for the most part and keep me running. If it works, it works, right? 

That's the thing with Gastroparesis, if you find something that works, run with it! Starbucks seems to work for me. It doesn't ALWAYS stay down, but for the most part, it does. At the end of the day, I try the best I can to keep my weight stable and the Java Chip seems to work for me. 


So thank you Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment