Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Alfred...An Update

I knew going in to getting Alfred that the surgery was a fifty-fifty chance of working. I think keeping that in mind has helped keep things in perspective for me. The last (nearly) six months have been...not what I had hoped, I suppose you could say. Things haven't been HORRID but they haven't been all sunshine and roses either. But what should you expect when putting a foreign body into your stomach, right?



Almost since the get-go when I would go to get Alfred turned up, he would be moved down to a default setting...all on his own--little stinker! The doctor would move him past the numbers he had put him at previously and then, when I would come back again, Alfred would be back at the default setting again. Stinker! 

Now, for the last month or more I've been experiencing spasms, shocks, ticks...I don't really know what to call them. They don't hurt, they're just annoying and bothersome. So now, come FEBRUARY 11th, I get to meet with the representative from Enterra, the company that makes my gastric neurostimulator to find out what might be going on. 



I haven't lost hope in Alfred...yet. Maybe he just needs a little kick in the pants or something. Or maybe a little switch to Alfred 2.0...I don't know. All I know is that I trust in God's plan for me. I have to! 




No comments:

Post a Comment