Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Quick Update


I know I've been quiet as of late and I apologize for that. Part of that is due to writer's block (ugh!) and part of that is due to being just so utterly sick. Since having Alfred turned off I have been quite ill and it's been horrible. Very horrible. 



I guess I didn't realize just how much Alfred was doing for me until he was gone.  It's like losing an old friend...you don't realize how much they mean to you until they're no longer around. I find myself continuously vomiting up anything I put into my mouth, whereas, with Alfred on, it was just a few times a week. 

Ugh! I detest Gastroparesis!

I'm venturing into the Land of Juicing to see if that has any effect on my condition before I ask to have Alfred reactived. I don't know if I'm doing myself any harm or favors by doing this, but it's worth a try. So far--only three or so days into it--I'm feeling zero change, but it takes time. 



I'll blog one day about juicing. 

I appreciate the support and prayers that I have received from around the world via Diary of A Gastroparesis Warrior. My hope is to continue spreading awareness about this horrible disease, get funding for it, and just let EVERYONE know that it's not just a simple stomach flu. 




No comments:

Post a Comment